Morgan’s Halloween Tragedy

Morgan’s Halloween Tragedy

The year was 1997..

I was in the eighth grade.  (This is the part where you say, “8th grade???!!  I was already married and dancing to Coolio!)

I really wanted to dye my hair black for Halloween.  I never dyed my hair before.

I thought about rogaine, that would have turned out really nice.  Then I found this can of black hair dye spray located in the back of a CVS store.  It only cost a dollar.

I sprayed the entire can on my head.

The first five minutes of that Halloween school morning was filled with everybody looking at me like I just threw the winning touchdown at the state championship, followed by running to the sidelines and kissing the star cheerleader while her Dad congratulated me.

It was the happiest five minutes of my life.  Until “it” happened.

That “it” was that one dollar can of spray.  It came alive.  That same black dye that changed my life, literally starting running down my face like sweat.

As the day progressed, black hair dye was all over my favorite shirt, my face, my desk, my homework, and my backpack.

Gym class was the worst.  We had to wear these uniforms during gym class, and the black hair dye made my white gym t-shirt totally dark.  That Halloween day in 1997 went from hero to zero quickly.

It was a horrible, tragic day.   When I finally got home, I immediately showered.  As the water hit my head, this black juice substance fell on the shower floor….it looked like motor oil…..and so did my tears.  Hair dye spray cans sold at CVS:  What could have possibly gone wrong?!

Have you ever had a Halloween costume gone wrong?

Share